I offer a relaxed, non-judgmental and safe therapeutic space in which we can explore issues that may be troubling you in a caring and supportive way.
I have worked with people with a wide range of problems including anxiety, depression, stress, grief/loss, low self-esteem and low self-confidence, panic, trauma, abuse, identity and relationship issues.
My clinic is located in MEA House, Newcastle, near the Northumbria University city campus and just a few minutes walk from Northumberland Street.
You are most welcome to call me for a free initial telephone consultation or alternatively you can drop me an email and you can find my telephone number and addresses in the contact section of this website.
I can also give you more information about the service and I can attempt to answer any questions you may have. I try to be as flexible as possible in arranging appointments taking into account your circumstances.
I am a fully qualified Clinical Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor and a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
With regard to the above organisations, I work in accordance with their ethical principles and codes of professional conduct. I also hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate. As an accredited member of the UKCP and a member of the Northern Guild for Counselling and Psychotherapy, all my work is supervised.
I believe the therapeutic relationship between therapist/counsellor and client is the centre of a healing experience.
Choosing a counsellor or therapist is a big decision and it is important to feel that the person you choose is right for you.
I am passionate about your issues and want to fully understand what brings you to therapy. In this therapeutic journey, you can be sure that someone is really listening to you, engaging with you and progressing at a pace that is comfortable for you.
My aim is to understand and encourage you to be who you are, we will chart a course that will help achieve your individual needs and goals.
I will meet your needs with empathy and compassion in an open, friendly and confidential environment. I have a natural curiosity and will show a genuine interest in your issues.
I will use my experience and knowledge to make sure you understand yourself and connect to yourself.
As a therapeutic counsellor and integrative psychotherapist, I combine a number of therapeutic models to provide a bespoke response to your needs (using many different theories and methods, depending on which will be most beneficial to you at this time).
I will help you to clarify your confusion, support you and help you to connect yourself with meaning and control.
If you decide to proceed, there will be an introduction and assessment session which will last for approximately one hour.
This first stage will include:
- An introduction to the process where I can answer any questions you may have at that time.
- Review and agree a confidentiality contract
- An initial assessment, which is a conversation where I ask you questions about yourself, why you’ve decided to come to therapy, what your goals are and what you hope to achieve.
- No therapy takes place at this stage
I look forward to hearing from you as you take the first step towards making the changes you need in your life.
In these difficult situations,
I aim to help you to:
- Express your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and value
- Understand yourself
- Increase awareness and reflect upon what is troubling you
- Develop coping strategies
- Stop feeling helpless or enraged
- Encourage you to believe in yourself and to understand that change can be possible
- Make decisions
- Understand your past and move on from the past
- Improve your relationships
- Deal with your issue more easily and feel control
- Acquire clarity in coping or responding to situations/dilemmas
- Understand your inner conflict and understand the triggers
- Create change in your life